Founder and Managing Partner
Abhay has more than 25 years of financial advisory, structuring and lead arranger experience in international project finance.
Throughout his investment banking career, Abhay has worked extensively on energy and infrastructure sector corporate and project financing transactions across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. Abhay’s experience involves commercial and financial advisory and structuring work with public and private sector clients on transactions involving Export Credit Agencies, Development Finance Institutions, international and local commercial banks and capital market issuances.
Prior to founding MayCap, Abhay held leadership roles in premier international financial institutions such as ANZ Investment Bank and Standard Chartered Bank, London.
In the energy and infrastructure sector, Abhay has carried out the following engagements:
- Bid financial advisor for Long-Term Operations & Maintenance of numerous brownfield Sewage Treatment Plants in Saudi Arabia
- Advisor to Asian Development Bank and PLN Indonesia on green bond issuance
- Advisor to the World Bank on a large Hydroelectric Power Project in Central Asia
- Advisor to the World Bank and Ethiopia Electric Power (EEP) for electricity sector debt restructuring
- Financial Advisor to Cote d’Ivoire Energies (CI Energies) for the financing of energy sector liabilities, Cote d’Ivoire
- Project Management Officer (PMO) for USD 2.7 bn financing of Nacala Railroad Project, Mozambique & Malawi
- Risk allocation and financing of gas to power sector (Govt. of Ghana) – Financial Advisory
- Financial Advisor to Midgardsormen AS on its transatlantic Submarine Fiber-optic cable project connecting Northern Europe to USA and Canada
- Financial Advisor to Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) and MOF, Ghana for the restructuring of a water desalination project
- Financial Advisor to WAPDA (Govt. of Pakistan) for USD 4.2 bn Dasu Hydro Power Project (Pakistan)
- Structuring Bank and MLA for c. 500 MW gas fired Azura Power Plant, Nigeria
- Financial Advisor for USD 1.8 bn Lekki Port Project, Nigeria
- Financial Advisor to Indorama Group for USD 1.2 bn Eleme Fertilizer Project, Nigeria
- Financial Advisor to MainOne Cable Systems for its Submarine Fiber-optic cable project connecting West Africa to Europe
- Mandated Lead Arranger for Euro 360 million Kribi Power Project, Cameroon
- Structuring Bank and Mandated Lead Arranger for USD 500 million toll road project, Jammu & Kashmir, India
Abhay is a qualified Chartered Accountant and holds Bachelors Degrees in Commerce & Economics, and Law from University of Bombay.