The terms ‘Maycap Advisors’, ‘Maycap’, ‘us’ and ‘we’ refer to the owner of the website, MayCap Advisors at: 83 Deacons Hill Road, Elstree WD6 3HZ, United Kingdom
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. We shall not incur any liability from your reliance upon our website or from the inclusion in it or omission from it of any individual, practice, firm, chambers or other organisation or of any other information. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- We expressly disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user or visitor to our website through reliance placed on information or materials posted on our website or by any user or visitor to our website or by anyone who may be informed of any of their contents. In particular, but without limitation, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue, business interruption, or loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- Maycap Advisors may from time to time provide interactive services on the website, including, without limitation comment spaces and forums, public profiles, blogs and any other forms of user-generated content. We fully reserve the right in our sole and complete discretion to control, edit or remove any comments, postings or other content generated by you or by any third party, where we consider this necessary or appropriate. However, we are not obliged to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide or content hosted on the website and expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of or reliance upon any interactive service or content by a user or any other person, whether the service is moderated or not;
- We reserve the right in our sole and complete discretion to modify, suspend or remove your account and to disable any user identification code or password, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. If we terminate your access to your account or you ask us to deactivate your account, your profile and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account but those materials and data may still persist and appear elsewhere on the website (e.g., if your content has been reshared by others);
- Maycap Advisors currently operates a free service but reserves the right to begin charging you for all or part of its services or to introduce a chargeable premium service or content. If we do change the nature of the services or implement a charging basis, we will give you a reasonable period of notice, writing to you at the email address which you have provided. You will be able at that point to choose whether to subscribe to the chargeable sections or content of the website;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements;
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions;
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website;
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence;
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s); and
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England & Wales.
How long do we keep this data for?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
Transfer of personal data outside of the EU
There may be occasions where data may be transferred outside of the EU for storage or processing (e.g. bulk email providers). Where necessary, we will take steps to ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
For example, for servers located in the US, we would look for compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which offers compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can find more information about Privacy Shield at https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. You can also check specific companies certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant_search.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive which helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual enabling it to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For more information and a guide to deleting and controlling cookies, please refer to aboutcookies.org, provided by international law firm Pinsent Masons.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and helps us to identify ways to improve our website in order to tailor it better to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better and more usable website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however limit some functionality and prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For details on how to do this, please refer to aboutcookies.org, provided by international law firm Pinsent Masons.
We use Google Analytics to collect data on how our users are using our website and their demographics (age, gender) and interests which enables us to evaluate how our users’ behaviour varies by demographics and interests in order that we can improve our website content, marketing and services for our clients. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
The Google Analytics features we implement may be based on Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. If you prefer that Google Analytics does not collect any data from you when you visit a website that has it incorporated, information for opting out can be found on Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for a box, or boxes, that you can select to indicate your consent.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing or other purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Maycap Advisors, 83 Deacons Hill Road, Elstree WD6 3HZ, United Kingdom firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We do not create derived or inferred data about people by profiling.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR (previously the Data Protection Act 1998). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.